Main navigation | Main content
|Sponsor:||Damon Runyon Cancer Research Foundation|
|Award Title:||Damon Runyon-Lilly Clinical Investigator Award|
|Amount:|| $450,000 for a period of three years
Funding in the amount of $150,000 will be allocated to the awardee’s institution each year for the support of the Clinical Investigator. Funds are intended to be flexible and can be used for a variety of scientific needs including the Investigator’s stipend (up to $100,000), salaries for professional and technical personnel, special equipment, supplies, and other miscellaneous items required to conduct the proposed research. No part of this grant can be used for indirect costs or institutional overhead.
|Description:||Description ">The Damon Runyon Clinical Investigator Award supports young physician-scientists conducting patient-oriented cancer research. The goal is to increase the number of physicians capable of moving seamlessly between the laboratory and the patient’s bedside in search of breakthrough treatments. Please consult this web site for a full description of the award: Description|
|Number of Applicants University is Allowed to submit:||3|
|UM Nominations Process:||
Masonic Cancer Center Review: 4:30, December 19th A one page description of the concept and a draft budget in NIH format should be emailed to Aaron Schilz, firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:30 pm December 12th. The concept and budget will be reviewed by a director appointed committee if there is more than one application.
Masonic Cancer Center Review and designation of final applicant: December 30,2011.
(Please note: completed applications must be submitted to SPA by February 13, 2012 to meet the foundation's deadline of February 15, 2012)
Foundation Deadlines: Application 4:00PM EST, February 15, 2012; Awards, May 2012; Start of Grant Term, July 1, 2012.
(Prepare only if selected by internal committee)
- Application Cover Sheets (Smith, 1.pdf)
- At-a-Glance Form (Smith, 2.pdf)
- Nomination Letter from Institution/Department (Smith, 3.pdf)
- Appointment Letter (Smith, 4.pdf)
- Applicant’s Letter (Smith, 5.pdf)
- Applicant’s CV (Smith, 6.pdf)
- Applicant’s Accomplishments (Smith, 7.pdf)
- List of Other Sources of Funding (Smith, 8.pdf)
- Mentor’s Letter of Support- include co-mentor’s letter in same file, if applicable (Smith, 9.pdf)
- Mentor’s Biographical Sketch- include co-mentor’s biosketch in same file, if applicable (Smith, 10.pdf)
- Research Proposals
- A. Mentor’s Proposal for Training- include co-mentor’s proposal in same file, if applicable (Smith, 11A.pdf)
- B. Applicant’s Research Proposal (Smith, 11B.pdf)
- Safety Statement (Smith, 12a.pdf) and up to three collaboration letters (Smith 12b.pdf)
- Summary of Research Form (Smith, 13.pdf)
- 14a,b,c. Up to three different reprints of the applicant’s work- PDF only (Smith, 14a.pdf; Smith, 14b.pdf; Smith, 14c.pdf)
- Two reference letters (sent directly to the Foundation by referees)
|Peer Review Coordination:||Masonic Cancer Center contact email|
|Status:||The internal deadline has passed but no applicants were selected. Please contact the office coordinating the peer review for more information.|
|Please note:||To be considered for peer review and internal selection, faculty must follow the above submission guidelines and meet the UM deadline as set by the office coordinating the peer review for this opportunity.|
(click title bar to open/close the topic)
This link includes summary sponsor information, specific instructions for internal submission and contact information for the university office coordinating the nomination process.
Registration is an optional but highly recommended feature. Perhaps you are looking for a wider audience for your proposal idea, or for potential collaborators to work with to create a stronger application. Registration allows applicants to share proposal ideas and post contact information.
Registration also provides information that helps the university office overseeing the nomination to determine the level of coordination needed and guide the review process.
To register (or view registrants), click on the UM Submission Instructions for a specific opportunity, then click on the Register Interest link.
If you have questions about the University's process related to extramural funding opportunities requiring nomination, please contact email@example.com